A Film by Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne
Dispossessed twenty-year old Bruno (Jérémie Renier) lives with his eighteen-year-old girlfriend Sonia (Déborah François) in Seraing, an eastern Belgian steel town. They live off Sonia's unemployment benefits and the panhandling and petty theft committed by Bruno and his gang. Their lives change forever when Sonia gives birth to their child, Jimmy. She returns home after Jimmy's birth to find that Bruno has sublet their apartment to total strangers. After an initial and promising change of heart about becoming a father and changing his ways, Jimmy becomes little more to Bruno than a new source of wealth. Desperate for money and unable to face his parental responsibilities, Bruno sells Jimmy to a black market connection, who promises to find the child an adoptive home. Realizing the error in his actions Bruno sets out to try and undo his callous deed, leading him to a powerful personal transformation.
- ? Interview with directors Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne
- ? The Image Factory: interview with cinematographers Alain Marcoen and Beno?t Dervaux
- ? Australian exclusive interview with directors Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne and ABC's AT THE MOVIES' Margaret Pomeranz
- ? 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound
- ? Original theatrical trailer