In 2032, the line between man and machine has been erased...
Batou is a cyborg. His body is artificial: the only remnants left of his humanity are traces of his brain…and the memories of a woman called The Major.
A detective for the government’s covert anti-terrorist unit, Public Security Section 9, Batou is investigating the case of a gynoid — a hyper-realistic female robot created specifically for sexual companionship — who malfunctions and slaughters her owner.
As Batou delves deeper into the investigation, questions arise about humanity’s need to immortalize its image in dolls. Together, Batou and his partner must take on violent Yakuza thugs, devious hackers, government bureaucrats and corporate criminals to uncover the shocking truth behind the crime.
“Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence” is the story of a solitary cyborg who desperately wants to hold on to what’s left of his humanity in a world where the worth of the human soul is fading almost into obscurity.
- ***DOUBLE DVD PACKED WITH OUTSTANDING EXTRAS***
- English language track (1st time on DVD!)
- Audio Commentary
- Making of Innocence featurette
- Australian exclusive interview with director, Mamoru Oshii
- Australian exclusive interview with Production I.G. president, Mitsuhisa Ishikawa
- UK interview with director, Mamoru Oshii
- Ghost in the Shell Trailer Collection
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Original Japanese Trailer
- Reversible Clean Cover